'Set As Default' for Smart Filters

Hi Tolriq,

I’ve been using the excellent Smart Filters to allow my young children to use the Yatse remote to select their TV show episodes and movies, by configuring filters based on the MPAA rating of the shows, and selectively removing any shows/movies I don’t want manually.

However, I need to re-enable the saved Smart Filter whenever I open Yatse, and even when I switch between TV and Movies, so I have to keep taking the remote off the kids and re-filtering it for them.

Could you PLEASE add the ability to set a saved Smart Filter as the DEFAULT?
That would mean I can give the kids a Yatse remote and be pretty comfortable knowing the violent movies/TV are filtered out all the time with my pre-configured filter.

Cheers

P.S. Thanks for your great program, I’ve purchased it on 3 accounts now for my partner and kids :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry there’s no plan for that. The plan is to extend the smart filters to smart playlists.

You’ll then be able to direct them to the playlist and eventually hide the main movies / shows buttons so they can only use the playlists.

Hi Tolriq,

Thanks for the quick response. I don’t mind that there’s no play for adding ‘Default’ Smart Playlist, I’m just happy to hear that there will be a solution available to my problem.
I’ll keep my eye out for Smart Playlists in future app updates.

Cheers