Save and edit playlists

Hello,

I am using Yatse since many months but am new to this forum.
I recently discover the new playlist feature and am very happy to use it.
As I am using Yatse on several Android devices, I hope it will be possible to synchronize the playlists between these devices and, even better, with servers like Plex.

In the meantime, could you tell me where the playlist files are stored so to download them to multiple devices. I also hope to edit those files with a software like Notepad+.

Thank you I advance and congratulation for this super great remote !

Laurent

I’m sorry but the playlist currently can’t be edited or copied they are in database.

There’s plans to import and auto sync from Plex / Emby if their API can be found :slight_smile: But Kodi does not offer such feature.

Ok, thank you for the prompt reply.
No way I can access this database ?
Otherwise, I’ll wait with patience :grinning:

Nope and even if you could you would not be able to do anything with it as data is stored in specific ways to support any kind of media centers and with IDs that would not match things on another device.

Ok, thank you.
I’ll have to be patient then.
:slightly_smiling_face:

I’d just like to add my support for being able to sync (export/import) playlists within Yatse. Kodi’s built in playlist functionality is so slow, it makes using Yatse the only option, and like many, I use multiple android devices.

Here is another use, I have my music on a central server with multiple Kodi devices accessing it from different rooms. I just spent 45 minutes creating a playlist in Yatse, but it is only available to the devices I created it on. (my phone and my living room kodi player) I can’t use that playlist on the bedroom kodi player, etc. I really wish we could export/import these for multiple control and playback devices.

You need to convince Dave on Kodi music forums to add the necessary APIs :slight_smile:

https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=263

Could you explain that in more detail? It seems the playlist created inside Yatse is stored inside Yatse, independent of Kodi. Kodi stores their playlists for example in /kodi/userdata/playlists/music but realistically what does that have to do with the Yatse created playlist, why would that require a Kodi API?

I’d like to share the playlist within Yatse devices, not move it between Kodi devices.

Because Kodi have changing IDs for it’s items, and doing only file based playlist have a few issues inside Kodi that triggers duplicates with still some unknown cases and solutions.

So while I can easily provide export of the playlists, their validity in time and between devices can’t be ensured. For example you have 2 kodis maybe you have a shared database with path mapping then I can’t match, maybe you do not even have shared database and the Ids are different between them.

There’s so many possible ways for this to fail and not work properly that it would generate a tons of support for Kodi issues out of my control. And I do not have the ressources to do Kodi support even if it’s already 80% of my support.

Having an API to say to a Kodi use those items in a playlist would ensure that it works at that time, that when Ids changes inside Kodi the playlists are still valid and that Kodi would properly apply the necessary path / ID mapping between the devices.

go it, thanks for the detail

Hey there, thank you for the work that went into Yatse, it’s pretty cool!
I also wanted to share playlists across devices for the same emby server. Would that be possible in any way?
It would already help if smart playlists could be shared.

Thank you and best regards,
Matthias

Yes you can share playlist for the same host as the IDs matches.

Just export it and import it on the other device. For the moment they are not synced at Emby level.

Perfect, thank you very much!