Yatse streaming, jumping, fast forward

cast

I’m using Yatse to stream from a Kodi source (mkv, SMB source) to an LG TV with WebOs 4.0. In principle it’s working fine (great work!), but the total length shown is only 1.0 minutes, nevertheless the video plays over the actual length. Jumping to a certain point within the video oder fast forward or backward results in restart of the video. Streaming the same source from DLNA (Twonky) works including fast forward and correct length.

Regards,
Delmo

debug.log (99.6 KB)
kodi.log (68.7 KB)

As always the template have it’s utility :slight_smile:

Please provide the asked logs https://yatse.tv/wiki/debug-yatse-kodi-remote

Kodi does not support transcoding unlike Twonky and other tools, so it’s highly possible that it’s a file format limitation.

I attached the logs above. Twonky is not transcoding.

Regards
Delmo

Well Kodi does not return duration or runtime for those :frowning: So Yatse can’t send the proper duration and set 1 minutes as the fallback as it allows playing on a lot more devices.

It seems your device does not properly analyse the file and return the correct runtime later but just return the sent value.

Can’t really workaround that properly :frowning:

Okay, understood.
Direct from Kodi it works, it just happens via casting from Yatse. Even casting from Chorus Webfrontend to a browser windows works. It seems not to be related with the mkv container, as with an MP4 movie the behaviour is the same.

Casting from Yatse to another device or to your local device will work too.

It seems your TV can’t properly check the media duration and Kodi does not send it to me. Yatse have no way to know the media duration so can’t invent a value :frowning:

I could maybe change the 1 second value to something randomly based on the media filesize but this will never be the right value and it’s hard to know if it will have other negative impacts on other players.