Wear OS play screen suggestions

New tests APK. This one also include a time picker to seek in media.

– Outdated
Yatse-beta-arm64-v8a-final.apk (9.1 MB)

Actually here the last one :slight_smile:

Wear-final.apk (1.1 MB)

Looks great! Ship it :wink:

One very minor thing I noticed, and that’s probably a limitation of the communication rate between the watch and whatever serves the info, is that the time (seconds) updates in intervals instead of every second (so you get something like 2, 4, 5, 7, etc.). In my not too experienced opinion this might be solved by having a local counter that corrects itself every so often (e.g. every 10s and whenever else it’s necessary), if you wish to alleviate this. But that totally up to you.

Time refresh depend on many factors :slight_smile: And in the end I do not have control over the lag of wear.

I prefer to have slower refresh than really ugly rollback.

About shipping it will take time, I have a few other details to handle and then I’ll have to brace for the Google Wear validation team, last time it took 2 months and an insane amount of time to be approved due to that team being the most stupid team of earth only answering via unrelated automated bot messages …

If it was not for Compose on Wear and the fun of working with that I would not have tried again to even be in touch with them.

I hope it will be smoother this time, but I’m pretty sure it won’t.

BTW if one day you have some free time :wink:

Yeah, no problem.

(filler for min chars)

Well Google was nice this time :slight_smile:

It should be in prod, can you confirm if you see the update on your watch ?

Yes, I got the update on my watch.

1 Like

What watch model do you have ? Does it by luck have 3 buttons?

Can’t have the emulator do 3 buttons on Wear 3 and I’d like to test / confirm the 3rd button can be used to play / pause.

I have the Galaxy Watch 4, the one I also used in the mock-up. It has two buttons and a ring dial.

Ok so since Wear 3 lock the first 2 buttons nothing more to test. Thanks for the details.

I hope the final version more or less matches your design and needs :slight_smile: