Useful commands

Hello everybody,

As in 8.90 B1 mentioned, it is a good idea to share useful commands via forum.

I want to share mine, but especially I am interested in yours!

Actually mine are very trivial but also very helpful:

Scan Video Library
JSON-RPC: “VideoLibrary.Scan”
(Whenever I added new movies to library and want to see it in Kodi NOW, I hit this button)

Clean Video Library
JSON-RPC: “VideoLibrary.Clean”
(Whenever I deleted movies in the library and want to see the change in Kodi NOW, I hit this button)

Switch to Profile KIDS
Built-in: “LoadProfile( KIDS, [prompt] )”
(I use different profiles with different kind of movies, e.g. KIDS, PARENTS, following command switches profile with one click)

Looking forward to see more useful commands!

The nice things about new release is that you can actually export the files and directly upload them here, no need to write the commands content anymore :slight_smile:

I’ll create a sub category and a tag to help find them :slight_smile:

Can you please give me a hint how to import yac files? I have exported it, wanted to import at my wife’s cell phone… have not succeeded

Click on it in any file manager or http link or use the share function from another app and select yatse or import custom command :slight_smile:

I thought also that’s the way it should work but it didn’t. If I click on that file I see that Yatse is opening but nothing appeared in the custom commands…

No need for … :wink:

Please open a new thread with logs, so i can see the issue, but custom commands are tied to things, so if you import custom commands made for Kodi 17 and your hosts are Kodi 18 they won’t be visible for example as not compatible.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Reorder custom commands