Unable to FFFD or change download directory

yeah i know lol, but it does it with larger files too, I have tested that many files i have probable got one mixed up as i tried 720 and 1080p

i have sent you the one from the phone

Ok so copied the file from there to a normal download folder and it works perfectly :confused:

told VLC to open the file from file:////storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.leetzone.android.yatsewidgetfree/files/OfflineMedias/2/20DCD579A39BE781C33E257510683A9C.mkv
cant seek

Isnt there anyway we can select our own storage location? rather thn in that long folder list, is this something to do with permissions?

I need that file to reproduce :slight_smile:

sorry, I have updated the previoud message I sent the other had come up with sending too many in a short time

do the files remain on the server untill there deleted on mobile (transcoded ones) as it seems the nes that dont play correctly that remains?

Ok so got the file.

MX player canā€™t seek even directly, VLC only works when direct, the file is definitely strange :frowning:

Will see if I can workaround for VLC but Jellyfin generate those files and thereā€™s nothing Iā€™ll be able to do for MX Player and not sure I can find something.

Im happy with VLC, just need the seeking to work

but just to confirm should the files remain on the server in

/home/docker/jellyfin/config/data/transcodes

Or do they delete from there once deleted off the phone, Im sure ones that worked didnt stay in there

They should be deleted automatically on Jellyfin side.
Yatse have no control here.

And really not sure thereā€™s something I can do here.

No worries, I`ll see if it does same on other files, i can alway add a script to run and remove them :slight_smile:

Looking at jellyfin info it says once the files marked as been watched the transcode file is deleted

So does yatse set it to transcode at a higher rate then marked it as watched to remove it from cache?

The file is marked watched when itā€™s watched and only then.

any idea when vlc part for this will potentially be done as my trial runs out soon

Apparently the files stay in there if its inpropoly exited, usually suggest app forced closed, closed browser without stopping, but its not in this case, but jellyfin removes files after 24 hours if there still there.

Even if I found the solution (not sure at all itā€™s possible as the file is clearly problematic if MxPlayer canā€™t seek in it in any cases) it takes time before a release is published with beta and everything.

You reach the limits of Jellyfin here.

but VLC plays it as long as its not in them folders, if it possible to select a folder not in root its fine, couldnt this be a easy soloution

storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.leetzone.android.yatsewidgetfree/files/OfflineMedias/2/20DCD579A39BE781C33E257510683A9C.mkv

VLC can only brows to storage/emulated/0/Android/data/

then its blank, no other folders

as in save it to

storage/emulated/0/Yatse

It does not play via http thatā€™s how the files are served due to Android security.

Same I canā€™t just write file where I want unless using SAF that is bugged and will cause many other issues for automatic sync.

Google does not want apps to use the storage and fight hard against most usage :frowning:

how about using

storage/emulated/0/Android/media

this is where facebook / whatsapp etcā€¦ use for videos and VLC is able to access this?

it seems VLC denys the use of the other folder

when i moved the file to the media folder it plays in HW and seeking works :slight_smile:

This is Android blocking, and then anyone can touch the media and I canā€™t ensure Yatse cache integrity. And naming issues.

Thereā€™s no simple solution to have proper integration in Yatse.

Just tried to play

http://127.0.0.1:43483/81a7b21383abdd6a4307cd5ba71d9bd1/%2Fstorage%2Femulated%2F0%2FAndroid%2FMedia%2F2%2F20DCD579A39BE781C33E257510683A9C.mkv#FromYatse

But that just plays sound lol and canā€™t skip either. So seems to be a issue with way http handles them?

Didnā€™t realize it was passing them as http.

If you need anything testing let me know.

I can reproduce here with your file, but honestly no real idea what is the issue :frowning:

So after more tests this is really the mkv produced by Jellyfin that have issues.

It works only when VLC can access in file mode because VLC can then quickly read the whole data to calculate the media duration ā€¦

The workaround is to transcode to MP4 but then no more ssa/ass subtitles, something that your media have.

@cah1982 do you use those kind of subs?

I dont use any subs really

odd time theres the forsed english subs where say 99% of the shows in english but 1 scene is foreign so get the subs just for that