Totally unable to use Yatse

Hi,
I have bought the Pro version, my goal is to manage a local Plex server located on a Windows computer in my LAN, and from my Android mobile phone.
So i have installed Yatse on my phone, i have added the Plex server, but… i think i am totally dumb as i can’t do anything more…

Just after the start of Yatse i add the Plex server, ok, then i have the Remote control screen, here if i click on anything nothing move on my Plex server screen on the PC. No remote control at all…
That’s the first issue…

Second after trying some different things, the remote control screen is impossible to find again… so the only thing i can do is to play all my files on the mobile phone via Yatse and VLC.

Nothing more…

I think i miss something and can’t understand what…

So i will delete the Plex again, and add it again to test and get back the remote control screen…

I anyone can help i will appreciate :slight_smile:

You are mixing things here.

Plex server is a pure server and have no GUI and nothing to remote control. The fact that you see a remote screen is a bug.

I’m not sure what you want to achieve in your case. I would use a Kodi client somewhere and cast from Plex to it if that’s what you want.

Thks for the fast answer.

What i want is a media server, rpi4, connected to the tv by hdmi and being able to remote control this media server from something, ie my mobile phone.

So i understand that yatse is not a solution to control plex…

I could install kodi in this media server but kodi is not able to play my Sony raw images…

So… I don’t know…

And in addition i spent 5 euros on yatse for nothing… Which is not the main issue :slight_smile:

Again you are mixing server and client.

Plex is a server it can’t be controlled. Plex have clients too, some of them can be controlled, but Kodi would be better and Kodi can be a client to Plex too.

So use your Plex serve as planned but use Kodi as the client.

About the license there’s a full free trial to test first.

Thanks for the advice,
But when using Kodi as client my goal is that the video or image will be played on the Rpi4, so on the Plex server, not on the Kodi client… and i will see it on the TV through the HDMI connection

Like if i was using a remote for my TV… here the remote is in my ANdroid and the TV is the Plex server…

Again you are inverting things please take time to read what I write :slight_smile:

Plex server have no GUI is does not display anything. This is the client that do display something on screen.
So on your rpi you’d need to install a plex client like rasplex/htpc or Kodi and that would be that one that display the stuff on your TV.

So install plex server where you want (including the rpi) then install a client on the rpi to actually display something. Using Kodi as client will be better for Yatse and for many use case. Then cast from plex to Kodi or remote control kodi with plexconnect addon installed.

ahh maybe i will start understanding something :slight_smile:

i will try this kodi client on the Pi with the Plex server maybe, i think for Plex its a bit difficult to understand the difference between server and client as they are the same software if i understand well, only a different setting…

but by installing Kodi as client… ok… will try :+1:

No plex server and plex client are completely different, there’s many different plex clients but only 1 plex server.

Anyway for Kodi you can also check GitHub - croneter/PlexKodiConnect: Plex integration in Kodi done right

Done…
But i come back to the initial issue, Kodi is not able to play ARW images… even if this ARW format is said as part of the Libraw image decoder add-on…

So, not good with Kodi as client…

Hum Plex should transcode in that case. Disable the addon? Or check plexkodiconnect config to have it transcode.

Else ask Kodi support why it can’t play the file they could probably fix.

So now its ok

I use Plex in the NAS Synology as server, Kodi on the Pi4 as the client, but i converted all arw images to jpg and now Kodi is able to play all mp4 and jpg, and i can see them on my TV through the HDMI cable in good quality, and also pilot the Kodi with Yatse as remote controller.

Finally i found this way of doing what i wanted, not easy task, but ok now…

Thanks for all advices and help.

I’m pretty sure you can configure plexkodiconnect to transcode the image to avoid manually do it.
But glad you found a way.

1 Like