Support me outside of Play Store

So after a few requests over the years I’m opening a Ko-Fi pages for donations outside of Play Store and their fees.

I’m not allowed to advertise this on the application, but if you find this and wanted to support via donations, it’s better to do it that way.

1 Like

came here looking for this!
Is there a way to buy Pro version without PlayStore?

Yes from Yatse™ - Troubleshooting Yatse payment issues be sure to read what email to register for.

oh. nope nope nope.
too bad.

Care to explain this answer ?

surely yes. I depended on Yatse for probably close to a decade. Always wanted to pay for Pro to get some extra casting features but don’t trust google or the play store the slightest amount.

Tried to pay last night using the in app which just caused me to get a prepaid debit “stuck” in googles approval process (unable to delete unless I confirm it to my playstore email account).
The paypay button also seems to not be working in the help page.

Truly I’d prefer just sending you some crypto / direct debit card processing.
It’s doubly frustrating for me because you’re clearly aware there are users out there who would like to pay you, but you’re locked into the ecosystem for ease on your side. Perhaps you could contact me pm and we could have a discussion about it more realtime?

The paypal button works, most of the time there’s VPN / adblock issues, but it’s the frequent way used for non Google persons.

I have no other solutions to propose sorry.

I’ll try the PayPal button again today, (I had already disabled adblock but didn’t seem to fix).

Would you ever consider adding a payment option from https://coingate.com (crypto payment processor) I realize this is asking you to do more work, but I’ve used them in the past and had a seamlessl positive experience paying.

update Paypal link worked after disabling dukdukgo extension, however still too much information handed over to paypal (full address / cellphone / email ) in order to process a piddling 4 Euros. I want to reiterate, I WANT TO PAY YOU for your software, it’s the payment processing that’s impeding me from doing so.

It’s already a burden to support Paypal with the risk on Play Store.

I can no support other solutions, at some point I also need to be clean in my country if there’s controls.

I’m sorry but I do not have a solution for you.

yes I appreciate that (I’m assuming) you’re a one man show there so the burden on how to spend your time is real. I wasn’t suggesting with coingate anything illegal, they are a payment processor that accepts crypto and send you fiat EUR / USD / etc.

Thanks for trying to help and I’ll keep checking back in the future, because I still would like to pay you for your excellent work. I’m even testing out symfonium this week with my jellyfin instance.

Be well.

Don’t try Symfonium :wink: If you like it you will be disappointed it’s a paid only app.

everything I like in life is a disappointment anyway, this will just be normal.