Start Kodi (WOL) before casting (Android TV)

I’m often using Kodi to cast some music / videos to my Nvidia Shield. Works fine if Kodi is running. But you have to always start it manually on the SHIELD by hand or by pressing the power button in Yatse to execute the Yatse remote starter. Works fine by the way.
But if kodi is not already running when you start casting something from android phone it will (logically) not work.

So my question is:

Can i configure yatse / yatse starter somehow to send an WOL-Signal to start Kodi before casting begins? :thinking:
That would be awesome. :sunglasses:

Even if not possible, thx anyways for the great Yatse-Remote.

This is not possible yet and not really planned as if the shield if off, then it requires 2 commands in a row.
Not talking about possibly not working calls and how long the delay should wait for the WOL to work while supporting the million possible devices like low cost PC that takes 2 minutes to boot :frowning:

Thx for the fast answer. :sunglasses:
Reminds me that i wanted to donate again soon. :thinking: :+1:

I only cast if my tv equipment is already booted, so booting would be no problemo. But i understand that it would take too long to start casting then. :thinking:

So another idea:
Would it be possible to add an option to Remote Starter that starts kodi in background on every reboot?
So if the device is booted kodi is up and running and casting should work fine then. :thinking:
That would be awesome too. :sunglasses::ok_hand:

Can’t start app in background only foreground but can probably add an option

1 Like

That would be nice. :sunglasses: :+1:

Then open feature request for that TODO list is big already :slight_smile:

Thx, i’ve opened a feature request and donated again now. :sunglasses::ok_hand:

1 Like