New Bbox, Yatse has worked for some time and now it won't


#1

Hi !!

First, many thanks for that great application and for your devotion.
I’m a long time Yatse Pro user (almost 5 years now).
Until yesterday I had a Livebox play and everything worked as intended.
Now I have the new Bbox, and I’m totally unable to connect to my LibreElec setup.
I have tried almost everything I could think of with no luck.
LibreElec is setup with a static IP (192.168.1.5) and the port is the default one (8080).
I’m perfectly aware it’s a problem with my Bbox settings but I don’t know what else to try to fix the problem…
Strange thing is that it has worked for a bit of time (let’s say 2 hours ?) before refusing to connect to the host.
Second strange thing is that the Web interface is working on my laptop (http://192.168.1.5:8080) which is connected to the same network as my LibreElec and my Android device…(so, the Bbox router).
I’ve tried the web interface from my Android device with Chrome, but it didn’t work.
I don’t know why it works from my laptop but doesn’t from any other device…
(For the sake of testing, Kore gives the same result as Yatse)
To be honest I am totally lost and don’t know where else to look, and I really miss Yatse ^^
A bit of help would be really appreciated :wink:

PS: french is my native language but for the good of the community I don’t mind keeping writing in english and I’ve also included the Debug.log in case it can help to solve this mystery.

Thanx.debug-20180725_183727.zip (2.8 KB)


#2

Logs are strange.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid URL port: “0”

Would mean that you have entered 0 as port. But wizard should block that.

Can you show me what you enter with a screenshot? Have you tried to uninstall / reinstall Yatse to start fresh?


#3

Yeah i’ve seen that part too (I’m a Delphi dev, so I am used to read logs) about the “0” port…and found it strange also.
I didn’t enter anything manually, Kodi is perfectly detected by Yatse and its wizard, so fields are filled automatically , with 8080 as port, it’s after that it doesn’t work, when Yatse does a connect test.
I’m gonna try and reinstall Yatse and I’ll keep you updated :wink:
Thx for your answer btw.

EDIT: so, I think I’ve found the culprit…
I’ve tried to reinstall Yatse with no luck.
BUT, There are 2 wifi available on that box, 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, I was connected to the 2.4 when it didn’t work.
Now I’m connected to the 5Ghz one and believe me or not but now it works.
I’ve tried to connect back to the 2.4Ghz network and back to no connection with Kodi…
So it looks like it’s the f***** Bbox firmware that is borked and doesn’t allow Yatse to communicate with Kodi on the 2.4Ghz network.
Incredible…
Problem solved by the way, thanks for your attention.

PS2: note that my laptotp is connected to the 2.4Ghz network and it works !! I definitely can’t understand why it doesn’t work with an android device on the 2.4Ghz network ahah.


#4

Hum there’s a known Android bug on some Android version about that.

You need to be sure to use 2 completely different SSID for 2.4 and 5ghz else problems can happens.

But I still do not understand that 0 in logs. It might worth looking more into it if having different ssid does not solve that.


#5

I’m on Marshmallow on a LG G4 (thx LG and their short support…).
Yes both network have the same SSID so I’ll try to set different SSID before the end of the week and I’ll keep you updated about the result.
(Can’t do it now because of IPTV and wife ahah).
Anyhting that can make Yatse still better than it is !!

EDIT: now that I think about it, no the 2 SSID are not identical, the 5Ghz one has “-5Ghz” at the end of it (2.4Ghz is BBox-Ben and 5Ghz is Bbox-Ben-5Ghz).
So if you need me to do anything that can help you to debug this, feel free to ask :wink:


#6

Please avoid edits they do no trigger notifications and can’t be seen.

Please contact me by mail I’ll send you a test APK that generate more logs at some point.

But do not have too much hope, I hope I’ll understand the error log, I’m pretty sure there’s no a lot I can do.


#7

Well actually after looking more awaken at the logs the culprit is:

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: failed to connect to /192.168.1.5 (port 8080) after 5000ms: isConnected failed: EHOSTUNREACH (No route to host)

Seems your wifi does not sends correct routing information, probably there’s wifi network isolation setting activated on one of the 2 bands that prevent wifi to lan communication.


#8

Oh well, thanks.
I’ve had a look yesterday at both the wifi configs and they seemed to be configured the same.
I will check more toroughly in the evening.
Many thanks for your feedback !