JSONRPC command syntax?

I’ve been trying to add a custom JSONRPC command and cannot seem to get it to work.

I put in the method Input.ExecuteAction and then the following

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1, "method":"Input.ExecuteAction", "params":{"action":"pagedown"}}

It must be some sort of syntax issue.  I've reached out to kodi forums and received many diff suggestions including the one above, but they have not worked.  They also suggested i post here on the Yatse forum.

enclosed is the log

debug (6).log (8.3 KB)

And more spam issues without taking time to actually read the documentation.

Another time the link to it:

And in the documentation you find exactly what you need and how to enter it.

JSON-RPC command

1 Display Name: The name that will be displayed in the Custom Command panel
2 JSON-RPC method: The method field of a JSON-RPC request to send to Kodi.
3 JSON-RPC params: The params field of a JSON-RPC request to send to Kodi.
See Kodi JSON Wiki for all Kodi supported commands and documentation.

Note: Yatse adds some boilerplate for you to simplify your typing.
If you want to add a command found on internet like: {“jsonrpc”:“2.0”,“id”:“1”,“method”:“Player.Open”,“params”:{“item”:{“file”:“Media/Big_Buck_Bunny_1080p.mov”}}}
You only need to set the method field to Player.Open and the params fields to {“item”:{“file”:“Media/Big_Buck_Bunny_1080p.mov”}}
Remark: The param field can be left empty if no parameters are necessary for the command, but it must start with { and finish with } if you enter a value.

I must be missing something or cannot find what you think I should be able to. I have looked through a lot of documentation, but obviously cannot seem to find the answer.

So the answer is??? Is my syntax off? I cannot find in all the documentation an example of exactly what i’m trying to do Input.ExecuteAction

Are you serious? I’ve just pasted you the exact needed thing. If you are not capable to apply the sample to your need then you probably should not use custom commands, spamming this forum and Kodi forum to have someone doing something basic instead of you is never going to work.

So what part is too complex for you? Because seriously there’s nothing complex …

Your need: {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1, "method":"Input.ExecuteAction", "params":{"action":"pagedown"}}

The method is quite easy to find it’s written in the command …
It’s Input.ExecuteAction

The params are quite easy to find it’s written in the command …
It’s {"action":"pagedown"}

Even my 3 years old kid is able to do that.

So now go apologize on Kodi forums for not being able to read and spam and refrain from posting here again without having read things first.

I don’t think you need to insult

I tried that exact syntax and it is not working. I provided a log

1. There’s no insult just facts, you do not take time to read and think and expect others to do that for you by spamming everywhere and making lot’s of people loose their time.

2. No you did not used that syntax at all.

Your logs:
{"id":1604410179973,"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.ExecuteAction","params":{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1, "method":"Input.ExecuteAction", "params":{"action":"pagedown"}}}

So you entered:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 1, "method":"Input.ExecuteAction", "params":{"action":"pagedown"}}
in the params field

Quite different from what I posted and what the doc shows.

OK now i see
I tried something like that before. But what confused me was the statement:

The actual line should be:

If it was explained that in effect putting Input.ExecuteAction and {“action”:“pagedown”} sends the following command in the background

Thank you for your help

This is explained in a simple sentence by telling you exactly how to convert a full command to Yatse parameters.

If you want to add a command found on internet like: {“jsonrpc”:“2.0”,“id”:“1”,“method”:“Player.Open”,“params”:{“item”:{“file”:“Media/Big_Buck_Bunny_1080p.mov”}}}
You only need to set the method field to Player.Open and the params fields to {“item”:{“file”:“Media/Big_Buck_Bunny_1080p.mov”}}
Remark : The param field can be left empty if no parameters are necessary for the command, but it must start with { and finish with } if you enter a value.

It’s just about reading really.