Jellyfin Audiobooks not recognized as Music

Issue description:

Jellyfin Audiobooks not recognized.
I have two library’s in Jellyfin. One of the type “Music” and one of the Type “Book” (The Jellyfin documentation says audiobooks should be put under the books categories)
But in Yatse under Music only my normal music library show up, probably because yatse doesn’t check for audio under book library’s. Can you please add support for this? I tried changing the book type to music, but this does not really work as Jellyfin then screws up the order of the chapters

Screenshots:

Thanks a lot for this app, really like it and am looking forward to your reply

You forget the mandatory logs :wink:

Anyway Books are not music so yes they are not mixed in your music, Jellyfin needs to start supporting AudioBooks correctly as Emby, until then you need to put them as music.

@Toriq:

Would it be possible for Yatse to pull down ‘Books’ anyway and simply filter out anything that isn’t audio?

I ask because I can’t just change audiobooks to ‘Music’ on my Jellyfin server, as Jellyfin only stores your position in the ‘Books’ category, not Music. (As far as I can tell anyway.)

Yatse does store the position.

And as explained no I can’t just filter as there’s impacts on albums / artiats / track numbers / …

Right, but then those positions won’t be synced back with the jellyfin server, or am I wrong about that?

The value is stored and synced on Jellyfin.

If other players do not handle it there’s not much I can.

All other media center have proper integration (Plex offer the store resume settings per library) Emby have proper audiobook section. Jellyfin choice may fit it’s own needs as it can play everything (but what happens when you play an album with both images and music to an audio only player) but it’s clearly not suitable for other apps to consume properly.

I only integrate things that works 100% or don’t integrate as anything below triggers too much support for what I can handle.

I understand wanting to make sure you limit the app to what you can support. (Which, by the way, you do a very good job at. I’m always surprised at how quick you are to respond to thing. :slight_smile: )

Still, its a bit sad that I have a library that is only .m4b audio files that I can get to sync either on the Jellyfin webapp, or the yatse app, but not both. I know its not really your fault. But ya. :frowning: