How to clear the OSD on FireTV Kodi?

For some reason, both my Amazon remote controls for one of my FireTV Gen 2s simply stopped working, and nothing helped. That’s why I switched to Yatse, which looks excellent!

But occasionally when playing something using Kodi (v16, v17, & v18) on my Fire TV, the OSD at the bottom of the screen showing the title and the time bar and the controls never goes away. When using the standard remote, either the back or the rewind button (I don’t remember which) would clear the OSD. But I can’t find any way to do this with Yatse.

There’s a button near the upper left to the right of the Home button that makes the controls at the bottom disappear, but the title and time line remain. And I read something that suggested that using a scroll bar would remove the OSD, but I’ll be damned if I can find any scroll bars.

So how can I make the entire OSD disappear?

I’m running Yatse v10.1.5/3110794-arm64-8a @ Tolriq, License: Pro under Android 9

Thanks!

It’s the same the back button remove it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Tolriq! I feel kinda dumb, but apparently the problem only occurs (occurred?) with DVD ISO files. It works fine with everything else.