Custom Command - Adding the CTRL and SHIFT key

Hi,

I’m trying to create a custom command that sends “CTRL+SHIFT+O” to kodi, but I cannot find, nor have any idea how to add in the CTRL or SHIFT button key.

Please oh please can someone help me as I’m pulling my hair out at this point.
I couldn’t make head nor tail of the keymap wiki, such is the n00b I am.

Any help is massively appreciated all, thank you!

Your need is not to send the key combination but to start the command that this combination triggers :wink:

That one is already provided, just import the Player debug info custom command :wink:

Oh wow, I had no idea about that! Thank you very much.

Although, how would I send the CTRL and SHIFT key via a custom command?

You can’t and there’s no reason you should.

You are creating commands, there’s no point in trying to send a key that will trigger a command that can change on Kodi side. Directly assign the end command.

Ok, thank you for the quick response!

I was reading this posy since I am struggling to get a custom command working.
Since kodi now can play uhd blu ray menu’s I need a shortcut to display the blu-ray menu/uhd menu while the movie is playing. The shortcut with the board is ctrl+shift+m , how can I set this op with the yatse remote control app ?
please help me , thanks.

I also need to sent CTRL + J to bring up the madVR info screen during playback. How can I add this? We need proper documentation for adding CTRL and ALT and SHIFT as well as combinations.

As explained a million time no you don’t :slight_smile:

Ctrl+j start a command, just use that command directly from Yatse.
There’s no need to use an intermediary keymap.

1 Like

Just thought I’d chime in here with my example as this thread helped me.

I use 2 audio profiles so I can send Bluetooth audio from my phone to Kodi, and I need to switch audio outputs to do so in system settings (and back again for Kodi use).

Mapped alt f4 to a tv remote button (running flirc so acting as a keyboard, alt f4 unneeded otherwise), which triggers audio profile change from addon.

In Yatse, created a custom command to RunScript(script.audio.profiles,0). So now I can switch the audio output with only my phone, useful for when starting phone bluetooth playback to Kodi.