Cast from kodi: add option to not modify/set watched flag and resume points

As the topic title says, I would like an option to disable the updating of the watched status for a video in the library when casting from kodi. In kodi I have the ability to disable setting watched flags and resume points on items in my library by setting in advancedsettings.xml. casting from kodi to local device (android) ignores this setting and sets the watched flag and resume points. For this reason I would like this option added on yatse side.

Thanks!

I suppose you mean by putting wrong values in the options dedicated to control when it’s done?

There’s no plan for such option as those could not work with the rest of things Yatse can support, one day maybe Kodi will expose AdvancedSettings so remotes can get the values and replicate it’s internal.

Okay, I was hoping there was a way to just add the option on Yatse side independent to kodi side.
I will just use triggers on my mysql db to block inserts in bookmark and modify updates in files so that files.playCount and files.lastPlayed are always NULL on updates.

If you can come up with a way to accomplish this with just Yatse, that would be GREAT, but I understand my use case is very rare.

If anybody was interested in the same, these are the mysql triggers I’m using

Trigger - No resume
DELIMITER $$
CREATE TRIGGER no_resume BEFORE INSERT ON bookmark
FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN
signal sqlstate ‘45000’ SET MESSAGE_TEXT = ‘Blocking resume points’;
END$$
DELIMITER ;

Trigger - No watched status/tracking
DELIMITER $$
CREATE TRIGGER no_watch BEFORE UPDATE ON files
FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN
SET NEW.playCount = NULL;
SET NEW.lastPlayed = NULL;
END$$
DELIMITER ;

Updated trigger to allow for selective watched (count and lastplayed date) blocking. The following will now block playCount and lastPlayed unless the path contains a specific string (“_Unzipped” in this case):

DELIMITER $$
CREATE TRIGGER no_watch BEFORE UPDATE ON files
FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN
IF (SELECT strPath FROM path WHERE path.idPath = New.idPath) NOT LIKE ‘%_Unzipped%’
THEN
#Only block the tracking of files that do not contain “_Unzipped” in their path
SET NEW.playCount = NULL;
SET NEW.lastPlayed = NULL;
END IF;
END$$
DELIMITER ;