Queuing album while casting to Roku

Hi, I’m new here and new to Yatse. Everything has been working great on my phone but occasionally I’d like to cast music to my Roku. This has giving me problems. When I select an album to play and cast it to Roku the first song plays fine but after that if I want to hear the next song I have to click the “Next” button then the “Play” button. It seems the songs are queued up fine but Roku won’t play them unless I explicitly tell it to. Is there any way to fix this?

Yatse has been working great otherwise but this is quite frustrating. Please let me know if any additional information is needed. Thanks.

Log:

Phone Specs:
Pixel 4a
Android 11

Roku Specs:
Roku Streaming Stick+
Software: 10.0.0 build 4198-50

Hum yes Roku support is limited currently as nearly no users of it with Kodi.

Moving this to Feature requests, but still not very high priority sorry.

1 Like

Just to be clear I’m not using Kodi on my Roku. As far as I know Kodi isn’t available on Roku.

Instead when I cast to Roku from the Yatse app I believe it’s handled by Roku’s native media player, “Play on Roku”. With that said, I don’t know much about what’s going on behind the scenes in Roku so I could be wrong.

Yes I know, but since Yatse is primarily for Kodi users, and most Kodi users don’t have Roku I have not added the missing part of the Roku renderer to get the events from it as it does not support pooling. So Yatse is not aware of track end and so don’t start the next one.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.